Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mountain Climbn' Again???

As an update to me earlier post. Yes, yes, I know I should be packing...but wanted to share first.

Wade called and he says that the last ditch "thing" has been done and we are in the clear to buy here. Why am I not jumping for joy you ask? Well, I guess I don't truly believe it yet. That and the disappointment of losing a house that I really really loved has me being a bit more cautious.

Hopefully when we return to the frozen tundra we call home, things will still be a go and I will be more excited about home searching. After 2 weeks, we should know if we are going to run into any more problems along the way.

Oh, I found sweet tea here today. I enjoyed a long brisk swim sans children at the gym. Outside I might add, trying to soak up as much sun as I can. Sam and I ran some errands while Maddie was still at summer camp and came across a HUGE sign in front of Arby's that read, "Any size SWEET tea, $1". Of course I whipped that van into the parking lot on 2 wheels. As I ordered the tea I was apprehensive....I have run into sweet tea here before and it wasn't sweet tea. Raspberry tea with some sweetener isn't sweet tea, people. At the first sip I felt myself drift back to my beloved south.....Hooray!!! It was sweet, as in Chick-fil-a sweet, tea. The kind of sweet tea that tastes of summer time, friendships, lazy days chatting around the play area...all the things I have been really missing.

You know, I believe that sign was put out today (it hasn't been there before) just for me today. I believe that the Lord allowed me to have a literal taste of home today to quell the homesickness until we can board that plane tomorrow. Watch out south...here comes the Sheeks (well some of us at least...maybe I can figure out a way to smuggle sweet tea and fried chicken back to Wade)

2 comments:

jenell said...

Nicholas and I are enjoying your movies and pictures. We read the story about the Tornado and several about Sam's adventures on the potty. What a great idea... potty training in the apartment... don't ruin your new carpet.

Nicholas says he needs to visit LegoLand, it looks fun! He says he misses you, Maddie. Sam and Travis would be into everything together.

Keep your eyes on the Lord, as I know about being in the valley... it is a season to which we are closest to the Lord and we will be blessed 100-fold for the things we give up for His purpose. (I learned that at the Beth Moore Simulcast... look for it on youtube.)

We love you, and I'm going to hunt for a "Chick Game" at Play-n-trade!

Jenell & Nicholas

Ellen and John said...

I'm really glad you found some sweet tea. I would be in withdrawel without mine! Have a great time in North Carolina. We are headed to the beach tomorrow!

Ellen