Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bitter Sweet....

It is bitter sweet to be back in MN. Sweet because both myself and the kids were really excited to see Wade. If you had been walking in the Minneapolis airport you would have heard the chant "Where's My Daddy" coming from my kids. Bitter since we will not be back in NC till Christmas. We had such a good time that it is hard to leave family behind. It is really nice to be back together as a family, but.....coming home to the apartment isn't the same as really coming "home".

We arrived safely last night around 7:30pm. Thankfully, we had an uneventful straight flight from CLT. Sam befriended to airport security man while waiting in line. Sam even asked him his name. The man (surprisingly) obliged and told Sam. So, for the rest of the flight, he kept asking where his "fiend Ill" (friend Bill) was. I will have to remember ol' Bill if we ever encounter any problems at CLT.

Today has been spent unpacking, washing clothes, and cleaning. This is the part I hate about coming back from a trip. Unpacking 2 weeks worth for 3 people...not my idea of a good day. The kids and I took a trip to the LaTarge (Target) to get some supplies. We came home to no toilet paper in the apartment. I guess Wade worked really hard to time it just right so he would run out the moment we stepped through the door. I imagine it took him the whole two weeks to statistically figure it all out :) While we were out, I made a drive-thru run at Arby's just to get some sweet tea. I have to figure out how to convince them that they need to continue to carry it through the fall and winter.

No comments: