Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This Just In...

Late Breaking News in the Sheek Household.......




Just when you don't think you can make it anymore, just when the tears of your children are breaking your heart, just when the situation looks hopeless, the Lord steps in and takes over. We give all the thanks to our Lord who allowed a situation to work out that will allow us to buy a house in MN before we sell in GA. All of this, without over stretching our budget.

Isn't Proverbs 3:5-6 easy to do when you see how your chapter, of the "story" that was causing worry, turns out. Easy to trust when things are looking up. Harder to trust when life is tough. Then again, maybe it is the easiest to trust when you hit rock bottom....when you finally realize that you aren't in control and you really do have to completely give over your life and situations.

I have tried to completely trust God with the whole situation. From our prayers at the start of this whole adventure, that the Lord slam shut the doors that weren't for us.....to our prayers through tears for a home. This isn't to say that I was completely trusting the whole time. That isn't to say that I didn't doubt at times that things would never get better. But I tried and when I got off track, I sought out the Lord the peace and hope. I believe this experience is one that not only I, but the kids will be able to look back on and know that God was in control....always in control. I have always stressed to the kids that God had our best interest in mind and that He would take of us. Thank you Lord Jesus for answering our prayers.

So, where are we in all this. I have contacted our realtor and the kids and I are going driving around the evening to look at some houses....and more importantly the neighborhoods. We want to be in an area with lots of families and kids. I know that God has His hands in the house finding process too!

2 comments:

Sharmaine said...

WOW! Congratulations! I can't tell you how excited I am for you! It's SO AMAZING how God works! I could go on forever about that, and how I've been reminded time and time again, that as much as I'd like to think I'm in control, I'm so not! Have fun this evening! :)

Ellen and John said...

That's awesome! I am so happy for you guys. Maddie looked so excited in the video. It sounds like things are looking up.

Hamrick Family