Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy "Hump" Day!!

In case you are wondering where we have been....we haven't fallen in one of the gazillion lakes here, nor have we been run over trying to survive the random 4 ways stops. Actually, we have been really busy this week. I know, what a shocker, huh? We had VBS on Monday with swimming lessons Monday night, Maddie's summer camp on Tuesday, and VBS today with swimming lessons this evening.

VBS has been going really well. Maddie LOVES it and Sam tolerates it. That seems to be the story of my life. Maddie is really out going (everyone is her "far-end") and loves to be around people and such. Sam, on the other hand tolerates it after he cries when left, for my "benefit". Maddie loves to tell me about her day, what she learned, about the crafts and games. According to Sam he just sits and does "nut-ting". When asked, "did you play at VBS?" He answers, "Uh-uh, no, nope." When asked, "Who did you play with?" He answers, "nut-thing, no, uh-uh." I guess he is either the only kid that sits in the corner and doesn't even look at anyone, or he has severe short term memory loss. Then again, he may just be stubborn (wonder where he gets that from?).

Monday's swimming lesson went well. That is for Maddie it went well. Sam lucked out and his teacher was sick. If I wasn't positive that Sam hadn't been around her, I would have thought he had "helped" her get sick. As I am sure you can tell by the pictures, he isn't all that keen about the water....today's lesson should be interesting. Maddie's swimming teacher is also her summer camp teacher. It couldn't have worked out better if I had planned it. She LOVES Dana. Then again, she loves any "big" girl that pays attention to her. Maddie is doing really well in swimming. She can swim the width of the pool with her head in the water, only raising it to take breaths. This poses some problems for swimming lessons since I can't keep her above the water. We had to talk about staying above the water so that she can hear the teacher.

Tuesday evening, I was able to meet my high school friend Denise downtown for supper. She lives in Minneapolis and will be here until after her wedding in September. It was really strange, Wade had just accepted the job here and the next day I receive an email from Denise....a "save the date" for her wedding. I noticed that she was getting married in Minneapolis. Last I heard, she was in NYC. So, I promptly email back that I will save the date and will be able to attend since we would be living in Minneapolis when she got married. That started a series of emails that ended in dinner last night. We went to ZELO a trendy Italian place in Nicolette Mall, a shopping and restaurant center in the heart of the city. I was so proud of myself for driving into the city (people don't actually go into downtown Atlanta unless they work there....not for shopping or that sort of thing) and finding a parking garage. It was nice to eat outside and catch up with her. The last time I saw Denise was my wedding 7 years ago. We are going to try and meet up again before she moves to Chicago. It's always nice to get away and be a person for a while instead of a mom.

Oh, last but definitely not least I am an aunt for a third time. Wade's brother, Josh, and his wife Cherie, had another little girl on Tuesday morning at 1:30am. Her first name is Zoe. They haven't decided (at last check) on a middle name yet. Both mom and baby seem to be doing well. I am sure that Ashli and Lily are excited about having another sister. Poor Josh, lots of estrogen in that house :) Welcome to the family, Zoe!!!

No comments: