Monday, November 24, 2008

No you humph, ME humph!

This is Sam. He is "humphing". This started out with him "being 2" and ornery. He would cross his arms, as in the picture minus the grin, and humph. Of course this happened when he didn't want to do something.

I thought he looked so cute doing it that I would egg him on by copying him. This led to him replying, "No you humph (cross arms), ME humph (cross arms)." To which I would reply, "No you humph (cross arms), ME humph (cross arms)." And on and on it went. Until one day his reply was, "No you humph (cross arms), EVERYBODY humph (cross arms)." From then on it became a family game.

Today, however, I am "humphing" without playing the game. No one can humph but me. If I could, I would sit in a corner with my arms crossed and scowl. Why you ask? Because I am tired and want to go home. I know, makes me sound like I am a child doesn't it? Well, childish or not....it's the truth.

I am tired physically and emotionally. I am tired of the cold weather and lack of sunshine. I am tired to hearing the kids beg to "doe home, Georgia" without being able to reply, "Amen...let's pack". I haven't been sleeping well and am a mean green cleaning machine. So I am physically tired. I am tired of missing my friends. I am tired of Maddie not having any friends because no one wants to have a play date with us (I don't smell, promise). I am tired of sounding different and being different than everyone else. I am just plain tired.

Luckily my Mommy is coming tomorrow. I don't care that I am 29 and a mother of 2. I am looking forward to seeing my Mommy. I am craving adult conversation during the day. Don't misunderstand. I love conversations with my kids, but sometimes you want to discuss more that just Buzz "Yightyear" or what Bitty Baby should wear. For 6 days, I will not be the only adult in the house all day. Not only will I not be the only adult, but the other adult has an even stronger southern accent than me!! That is very exciting. Almost exciting enough to make me want to say, "Everybody humph."

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I am so glad that you will have time with your mom! PLEASE try to take it easy and enjoy the visit while she is there. You deserve it and your friends with southern accents will worry about you more than they already do if you don't relax some! Happy Thanksgiving to all from The Connor Family! Or...as Megan says..."Happy Turkey! Gobble...Gobble"

Sharmaine said...

YAY! I was wondering what you guys were doing for Thanksgiving! I'm so happy for you! And THANK YOU so much for your comment on my blog yesterday! That was so sweet. Happy Thanksgiving!