Monday, November 10, 2008

Kiddiewampus

Yes, that is the actual name of where Sam and I went today. We had a Mommy and Sam day (with Ms. Kim and Shawn) while Maddie was at school. Kiddiewampus is a really neat hands on toy store. The clerk of the store actually encouraged the boys to play with and ride on the toys that were out. I don't know about you, but usually I spend my time trying to get my kids to NOT touch anything. This store was a welcome reprieve from the constant "No Touch" I usually am saying.




However, playing with toys wasn't the purpose of our visit. They actually have "Open Studio" hours at their children's art studio. Sam and Shawn had a blast painting, stamping, cutting, and coloring. Kim and I enjoyed letting them go "free" with the art without having to worry about cleaning up.



On another note, I "lost" my kids in the house today. I heard them playing and then all was quiet. Red flags always go up when my kids get quiet. 99.9% of the time quiet equals someone doing something they shouldn't while the other eagerly eggs them on. So, I went through the house looking for them. I wasn't worried since they can't open the doors to the outside, like Sam could at the apartment, nor can they take an elevator, like Sam tried to do at the apartment, and end up in the abyss of apartment floors. I finally found them.......

Sneaky little boogers, aren't they? No, Sam isn't flipping the camera off as it appears in the picture. He is actually covering his mouth so that I can't hear him laugh. I don't think he realizes I can see him or that covering his mouth isn't hiding the cackles coming out of it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got your hair cut! (It might have been a while ago, but I don't think there has been a picture of you.) I think it's cute. Is it a better cold weather, have to wear a hat hair-do? :)

Trisha said...

Your hair looks sooo cute!!!

And that toy store sounds great!!!