Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day.....

We hope that everyone had a great Father's Day. As with everything here in Minnesota, Father's Day has been an adventure. So, back by popular demand...our adventures..


Father's Day Adventure 1: "Dancin' the night away"

Wade and I rented a movie last night and settled down to watch it. About twenty minutes into the movie....the power went out. Not only did the power go out, the wind was horrible. I have never witnessed trees that were that limber. Maybe the trees here take some special yoga classes (everyone here goes to yoga...that is the reason I don't....could you only imagine the fool I would make of myself). Or, maybe I have never lived above the treetops and thus aren't familiar with how far they can actually bend. Either way, it was truly amazing (and scary) to watch. The power stayed off for hours (until 4:00am to be exact). Apparently power outages don't dampen parties. Our neighbors below seemed to thrive on the fact that the power was out and they had battery operated "boom boxes". Lucky us...we could have danced the night away. Don't worry, Wade's Father's Day rest was disrupted by the music. He slept soundly through it and all the other gazillion storms that came through. However, his sleep was disrupted this morning which leads us too.....

Father's Day Adventure 2: And Good Morning To You Too....

My darlin' boy decided to get up at 6am this morning. His sleep deprived mother convinced him to stay in his bed a whopping 15 more minutes. I made him his breakfast of "milky" and "snack" (don't worry, I don't actually give my son snack for breakfast) Fruit Loops. Then, like a good mother, I found an educational show on TV (this morning it was Super Why) and curled up beside him to snooze while he ate. This lasted through a couple of shows this morning, to be honest. Till I heard the infamous words, "Uh-Oh". I cracked my eye and looked at Sam. He was holding his nose, his left nostril to be exact. "Uh-Oh" was soon followed by "up nose". Now that got my attention. "Sam, what is up your nose?" I questioned. "Nack (snack)", was his reply. At this point he started to cry. Like the calm and collected mom everyone knows that I am, I flipped Sam upside down in my lap. Lo and behold in his nose was part of a green Fruit Loop. I tried to pull it out, but the flailing of arms prevented that. I snatched up Sam and proceeded to bust into the bedroom. Wade was awoken by the chaos of my quickly (my mom claims I talk too fast in normal situation, I can't imagine what I sound like when I am upset) explaining what happened and Sam saying "Hellow Daddy". By the time Wade suggested tweezers the Fruit Loop had been sucked into the dark abyss of the nostril. Luckily, after a call to my dad again (I called him on Saturday night to check the weather channel for us in case of tornado activity) we were reassured that it had either gone into his throat or dissolved in his nose. Thank goodness for dissoluble cereal so we didn't have to take a trip to the ER this early in our Minnesota stay.

We hope that everyone was able to have an adventure, or at least reminisce about adventures with their Dad today.

We love and miss you all!!!!!

No comments: