Wednesday, September 17, 2008

29

Today I turned 29. Funny it doesn't feel any different than 28. It didn't actually occur to me until mid-morning (thanks for the lovely serenade, Becky...I think you could make it on Broadway) that it was my birthday. Somewhere in life, the "magic" fades from birthdays.

The kids and Wade had the apartment decorated when I arrived from GA on Sunday. It was very sweet of them. We knew this was going to be a CRAZY week with painting the house and the movers arriving tomorrow. So, today is trucking along like any other day.

What? You mean you don't usually load up your double stroller with house hold items and push it down 5 levels, to load it in a minivan, on a normal day?? Or stand precarious balanced, just trying to reach that one last spot that needs paint, while your 2 children play chase around the ladder? Well, me neither....so I guess this day hasn't really been like any other :)

Birthdays have proven lonely in MN. I didn't get to go out to lunch and split my chicken parm sandwich with Becky this year.....nope, no sweet tea for me.

Next year. Next year I will have lunch with a someone (anyone, taking applications no experience needed....just kidding) on my birthday. That's a good goal.....meet ladies to have lunch with occasionally by next year. I have 365 days to put myself out there and meet new people.....

Seriously, I have a lot to be thankful for this birthday. We are moving into our new house (thankful but challenging) and will finally have a place of our own. Maddie starts Cubbies tonight. Life moves on......whether we are in MN or GA......

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Happy Birthday! If you don't have someone to have lunch with here next year, then all your GA friends can chip in with me to fly you down here for lunch!!! (But I am sure you will!) Take care - and no reaching from ladders - I have heard all the clumsy stories!

Anonymous said...

I hope that you had a very happy birthday. I am sorry to have missed you when you were in GA. I pray all the moving in goes well.