Friday, February 20, 2009

Sam's first ice skating lesson

Sam loved watching Maddie ice skate so much that we decided to let him try ice skating lessons. Nothing is as scary as watching your "baby" slip and fall their way onto an ice rink. Let's just say....I don't think an Olympic metal is in his future.



Hey, look at me I'm up on the ice.



Still up, talking to one of my many teachers. I am sure she was telling him that he actually had to make an effort when trying to stand on ice.



And down again. Of course, I am not going to ACTUALLY TRY to get up on my own...no, no!


Thanks to the help of a teacher, I am up again....Hey Mom, look at me.


Wait, yes still up looky looky...YEAH.



And down again.

This last picture was followed by Sam trying to tell his teacher that he needed to go potty. I could read his over exaggerated lips as he was trying to explain. Of course, these teachers are young and not versed in Sam-speech. Finally, someone understood him and skated him to the side where Wade was waiting for him. We will see how next week goes.

No comments: