Thursday, February 19, 2009

Maddie turns "5"....

On Friday, February 13th, my baby girl turned 5. Even as I type it, I can't believe it.


Really.


Just yesterday she was born.


Really.


Just yesterday she was a colicy infant, that screamed her lungs off the first 3 months of life.


If you know the history of Maddie.......If you know the scare we had when she was just a few weeks old...you know how grateful we are that she was able to scream her lungs off. How so very thankful we are that she is able to celebrate her 5th birthday.


This year, she chose a "bee-u-tee-ful" (drawn out in that sweet southern way she talks) heart cake. Heart cakes are always easy to come by near Maddie's "day before Valentine's Day" birthday.



May all your wishes, hopes, and dreams come true baby girl!!



Can you tell Maddie is "willy wee" excited about her new Leapster. Her old Leapster had seen it's better day. It was a well used, well loved, well traveled, and well worn Leapster. So, she got a new and pink one.




Grandma and Papa sent her a great box full of goodies. Thank you Grandma and Papa!!




Some of her friends in Georgia also remembered her birthday. Her friend Jacob sent her a new Strawberry Shortcake movie and Sleep Beauty Polly Pocket. Her friends Matt and Alex sent her a new outfit and Tinkerbell Color Wonder. I LOVE Color Wonder. Color anywhere with that!

From us, she also received a Snow White doll, some Polly Pockets, and some My Little Ponies.










Maddie has grown into a wonderful little girl. She is a great big sister and really tries to be a good girl. She has a wonderful heart on her that makes her really try to take care of everyone and please everyone. I am so proud of the way she has taken this tough transition and really blossomed. I tell her every night, as I am putting her to bed, that "I love her to the moon and back and all the way past the stars". I can't wait to see what wonderful things God has in store for my "baby girl".







No comments: