Wednesday, December 10, 2008

When outside your window you see this......



....You know it is time to curl up with a good book. And if you see the above outside and your brother wants to curl up with your good book too....that's okay.

This is what I found when the house became really quiet today. Luckily everyone was clothed and no one was hiding in the shower.


Then, the kids spotted mom and the natural picture changed to them posing.....



Maddie looked so cute in her Christmas tree shirt and pants that I just HAD to take her picture.


And since Sam's shirt completely sums him up....I HAD to take his picture as well. In case you can't clearly read it, his shirt says "Believe me I'm Nice". The shadow under nice doesn't spell nice as it should, but spells naughty. Completely totally Sam. He is usually really a sweet kid, but when the mood hits him right.....you better watch out.
Do you notice Sam's new hair cut? It took going twice, to Fantastic Sam's, to get it this way. I took both kids yesterday for a hair cut and the lady that did Sam's obviously wasn't a kid person. If he even flinched (and he really sits still for a 2 year old), she would say "If you don't sit still Santa isn't going to bring you any presents." Or, "Only boys that sit still get presents from Santa."

Sam was apparently as fed up with as I was when he replied, "No, no. Santa no bring pe-sents. I help Mommy mailed pe-sents."

Sam and I had just spent a wonderful 1 1/2, the day before at the Fed-Ex, boxing and mailing all the presents to everyone. He helped box the few of their wrapped presents that we are taking to NC. The boy knows where the presents come from.

To Sam's comment the hair lady looked at me and said (not in a nice way), "What are you, Jewish?" I told her that no, I wasn't Jewish. We just celebrated Christmas for the only true reason to celebrate Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ.

I don't know if it was my comment, Sam's comment, or that she just wasn't good.....but we had to make a return trip to get his hair fixed. Totally out of my comfort zone to go back to a place and tell them to fix something they messed up. However, I couldn't take my boy home looking like a lopsided wooly booger.

We had a new lady today and she was wonderful. Fixed Sam's hair right up and was nice to boot.













No comments: