Sunday, October 26, 2008

Snow and Fireproof

So, can you guess why I am posting? Yes, you read the title of this post correctly. It snowed today. It snowed from this morning until about 4pm. There wasn't any accumulation, but nonetheless.....it snowed. Might I add that it snowed in October.

After church we drove straight to Gander Mountain to pick up the last few winter items we needed. Wade and I needed hats, the kids needed "everyday gloves", and we all needed thick socks. Nothing like snow in October to kick the "get winter supplies" into high gear.

On a totally different note, Wade and I had a date night last night. First in a LONG time ("wong time", as Sam says). We went to see the movie Fireproof. It was made by the same church in GA that did Facing the Giants. The message was incredible, the acting.....well it was made by a church, but you quickly get over the acting and the message takes over.

Of course it made me cry. Not for the reasons it made most people cry. I cried within the first 3 minutes. Southern accents, GA license tags on cars and Chickfila......I was homesick. But, I still really enjoyed the movie.

I hope that where ever you are tonight, you are warm and toasty. The wind is howling outside and it is literally freezing, but we are all warm and snug in our "new house". Good night to all.

No comments: