Friday, October 24, 2008

Catch Up.....

Hello All-


Wondering what we have been up too? We have been really busy up here in the "Artic North" and I haven't found time to update on everything. So, I am just lumping it all together. After reading this, you can consider yourself "all caught up" on the Blurbs!


Before I begin, many of you (down south) have inquired about the weather. October started off really nice and "fallish". Now, it is rather chilly and they are actually calling for a chance of "snow showers" on Sunday. Hum, snow showers on Sunday.....shouldn't we still be wearing short sleeves and playing outside? Oh right, we moved!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


We may be in Minnesota but we (the kids and I, Wade isn't so keen about the UNC factor in the family, but it is here and I love it...so there you have it) still wear our UNC blue proudly.




We always carve a pumpkin even though we don't "celebrate" Halloween. Our pumpkins are always happy and silly. This year, poor "Jack" (the kids love to name the pumpkins) lost a tooth during the mouth making process. We are too far away from Granddaddy for him to have fixed a denture. So we chalked "Jack" up to being a redneck pumpkin. Makes us feel more at home that way.


Instead of "celebrating" Halloween, we use this time of year as a time to spend together as a family. This year we went to Emma Krumbees to find our pumpkin. Little did we know that it closed early and you had to pay an arm and a leg to actually go into the fields. Needless to say, we bought a pre-picked pumpkin and chalked it up to another lesson learned in our new place.


I even found us a "Trunk-n-Treat" at a local church to go to on Halloween night. They begin with a time of Praise and Worship before heading out to the "trunks". I am sure it can't be anything like NFBC, but it keeps with our family traditions all the same.




Last weekend, we went to the Como Zoo Boo with Kim, Micah and their kids. Kim and I read about it and thought it would be great....seeing the animals and the "200" costumed characters. Sounds like lots of fun, right? Well.....it was a really long line to get in. Tons of people, NO animals (yes you read that right, we went to the zoo and saw no animals....none that we were not dressed up that is). However, the kids had lots of fun and in the end....that is all that really matters.



My little monkey and butterfly princess. Why does Maddie look so worried? She is watching how long the line is to get into the Zoo Boo.



Why need animals at the zoo when you have an elephant, Spider Man, a monkey and a butterfly as part of your group?




Sam was so excited that "Tick Tock" and the Lost Boys were part of the exhibits. Not quite Disney World, but he was excited all the same.


My princess and frog/monkey prince :) I would kiss that frog/monkey any day :)













So dear friends, I will try and up date more regularly....but alas, life usually gets in my way. I will leave you, for now, with a picture to make you smile.........don't ask, because I have no idea :)














1 comment:

Trisha said...

I find myself missing you guys a little more than usual today as I read the posts - It has been a rather difficult month and reading your words makes me miss our laughs together. Keep the laughs coming!