Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Post Disney News....

So, now that I finally got caught up on all the Disney posts and pictures it is back to the boring posts of MN life.

The kids are having a harder time adjusting to the "new house" than I thought they would. We were only here a week before we left for our trip. I think it has taken a toll on them to move around so much. However, they will survive. I am convinced that kids are fairly resilient.

They also got back into the going to bed at normal times and things of that nature easily. You see, bedtimes, nap times, and healthy food go out the window in Disney. It is truly the "great" vacation. So far the hardest thing for Maddie is realizing that she doesn't get dessert after every meal!

The kids and I jumped back into all the activities we are doing. Maddie has school on M,W,F, dance on Monday after school and AWANA on Wednesday night. Sam has school on Friday and Puggles (a version for younger kids of Cubbies) on Wednesday night. I have bible study (of course the kids come too) on Tuesday mornings and MOPS every other Thursday.

I am really enjoying Bible Study. Of course, it's Beth Moore. How could you not like it? But I also enjoy the small group. I am in the "newcomers" small group. Most of the women have moved here really recently. My friend, Kim, moved here in April, another lady from Texas (via NC) moved here in June, and another lady moved here from....get this....Chapel Hill, NC. Whooping it up for us Tarheels!!! It was so nice to talk with people who truly know where I am from and know things about the area.

I am starting to see God's hand in all this. Of course it has been in this mess since we started it.....I am just now able to really see it. He has taken care of use, provided a house for us, and most importantly for me, provided opportunities to make friends. This still isn't "home". We all still miss "home". The kids always ask to go "home". But we are surviving it and it is getting easier.

Wade had a meeting to Chicago this week. Sam, upon learning that Daddy was gone for a meeting, decided that he needed to go to a meeting. In Georgia, of course. I am lucky that he is going to take me with him. However, he told us that he plans on walking there. Long time. So, I may have to pull out of my reservation to go with him. Not sure I my legs have recovered enough from Disney to walk to GA.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved hearing about your trip and looking at the pictures. The kids really enjoyed seeing Disney and Maddie and Sam. Glad you had a great time. You could walk to GA if you wanted too....we'd let you crash here when you arrived. :)

Barbara, Alex, Matt & Josh

Sharmaine said...

Sam cracks me up! I've been meaning to ask: What does AWANA stand for? And now I want to know: What does MOPS stand for?

Christa said...

Hey Sharmaine- Sorry I just assume that people know all the acronyms that I use. MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. It is a Christian organization that supports mothers through meetings and activities. I have found it is a great way to meet new people. Hope things are going well for you.