Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Minnesota Fall

Hello everyone.

Hope you are enjoying this brisk fall weather as much as we are. Wait. Most of you, in the south, are still basking in that good ol' southern sun.

Today it is cool. More than cool, down right nippy. The kids went outside to play, only to come in moments later saying their ears were cold. Well, (thanks to a trip to the outlets) I had just the thing. Hats. Warm hats. Yes, that's right....hats the 15th of October. Why not? It's cold enough.





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday it was a nice warm day. Warm meaning, in the 60s. So we decided to go to the park and enjoy the warm weather while it lasted.

Maddie enjoys hanging upside down. She makes me nervous doing this. Probably since this is the way I feel and had to have stitches in my head. I was in Kindergarten, only a year older than Maddie is now. Maddie, however, is a pro at it.


Fall here is really gorgeous. Wade and I decided, Minnesota fall was almost worth moving here. Almost being the key word. We have a new appreciation for things like fall, since they are so different than what we are used to. The color of the leaves, though not shown really well in my photo, is much more vibrant and brilliant that back home. Due to the cooler weather? Maybe. Due to LOTS of rain? Probably.


Sam likes to swing, Sam's way. Here he is being Buzz, of course.


I took the pictures as the kids walked down to the lake. I just happened to catch the only ray of sun that day as it hit the water. I would like the think the Lord sent that ray of sun just for me. He knew I was tired of the dreary overcast weather and needed a hit of southern sun.


Same picture, just photo shopped it to make it look like it was painted with watercolors. I enjoy playing with the pictures I take.

The good thing about the move? The kids have grown really close. They are each other's best buddies (of course they don't have many buddies here).


Maddie tried to gather all the will-wee pretty weaves. AKA get all the nice yellow ones before her brother could. What was that I was saying about them playing so well together? Scratch that.

No comments: