Monday, January 19, 2009

Eating my words.....

Would you like to know where and over what, I had to eat my words? Oh, come on...I know you want which one of my "rules" I changed. I'll give you a hint.....


Here are pictures of Maddie and Sam before we walked to where I had to eat my words.








This is a picture of Maddie making the trek.......









This is a picture of my leg as I made the trek. Sam and I were behind Maddie and Wade....we were a little more reluctant to go where they were headed. In case you aren't familiar with the anatomy of the pant leg of snow pants.....that is indeed snow up to my knee.







Okay, okay enough teasing. I will let you know what we did, that I swore I would never do nor allow my kids to do. Here are Wade, Maddie, and Sam doing the unthinkable.....







What, you still can't tell. Okay....let me brush away some of the snow so that you can see what we were standing on......



Yes ladies and gentlemen, that is ice. That is the ice that now makes up the pond behind our house. And yes, that is a crack on the ice. However, it is not a crack through the ice. Very important difference.



I have told everyone that there was no way I or my kids would step foot on ice. You see, I said that before the months of 20 degrees and below. And before the two weeks of below 0 temps. Oh, and before last Thursday. Did you know that it was colder here than in Antarctica? Really.

I wish you could her Wade impersonating my shrill instance on NOT going out on the ice. I guess it came down to, if you can't argue your way out.....might as well join 'em. I fell victim to peer pressure. Strike that....I fell victim to "family" pressure.

So, I digress. I joined in with all the other neighbors that were loving the "warm" (read 18 degree weather). Yes, I met some of my neighbors while standing (very stiffly for the fear of slipping) on ice. After Maddie made her great impression on the neighborhood, I didn't want to add to our repertoire.

And here are pictures of my southern babies enjoying a very Minnesota activity.....playing on ice.



And finally, here is a picture of Maddie making her way back home. Face all red and chapped, but happy from meeting a neigborhood girl her age. And yes, the snow is really that deep....above Maddie's knees.....almost up to her coat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it. Get that boy a hockey stick and a puck.