Monday, May 5, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

Ashtyn Rector


Ayden and Maddie


Christa, Caroline and Courtney at Finale


Caroline and Andy at "Singing Beach," MA



Christa and Caroline in Gloucester, MA




Monument to the Fishermen lost at sea





Monument to the Fishermen's Wives







Caroline and Christa at the Clam Box, YUM!!




What a whirlwind!! I am sure that the jumble of pictures you just looked at completely confused you, they did me and I experienced the "Whirlwind Weekend" myself.
Let me explain all that has happened. The kids and I drove to NC on Wednesday so that my parents could keep them while I went to Boston, MA. This was my yearly trip to see my childhood best friend, Caroline Hon. Oh, the stories I could tell on "O-Line". However, since this is the World Wide Web, I will refrain. Let's just say that when the two of us get together there is bound to be tons of laughs, shopping, eating, and lots of walking ("It's just around the corner"). I really look forward to this trip because I get to relax and be a person for a few days instead of a mom....very important. Plus the company in Boston is great!!!
While I was in Boston, Caroline and I were able to see our other friend from school, Courtney. I hadn't talked to her in about 10 years. It was great to catch up with her. It was like old times, we all saw a movie, ate great food, and got all decked out in beautiful dresses from Filene's (another story for another time)!
Also, Caroline, Andy and I drove up to the North Shore. I had never been there and even though it was raining it was beautiful. I have never understood why people would want to vacation on the Northeast coast, when the great Myrtle Beach is just a few states down. Now I know!! We went to eat at the Clam Box (great clams...didn't even think I would like 'em) and drove to Gloucester (town that the movie The Perfect Storm is about) and saw the monuments to all the fisherman lost at sea and their wives. It is a very touching scene with monuments looking out over the sea where the lost fishermen will forever rest. We also stopped at the "Singing Beach". Apparently the rain caused the beach to stop singing, but it was wonderful to smell the salty air and hear the waves .....ahhh, I love the ocean. This was my last look at the Atlantic before I move.
I flew back to NC on Sunday and my wonderful parents (without whom this trip wouldn't have happened.....thanks mom and daddy) met me at the airport with the kids. The munchkins and I drove back to GA in anticipation of our friends, The Rectors, visit. Erin, Rob, Ayden, and Ashtyn lived in the Atlanta area before moving to Houston, TX via Florida. Maddie and Sam think the world of Ayden and Ashtyn. Wade and I enjoy the company of Rob and Erin as well.
To top off the weekend our house went on the market on Friday. So far, four people have been by to look at it. I just hope that someone falls in love with it like we did. Seeing the For Sale sign in the yard really brought home the fact that we moving. Now, this isn't news to me....I have known it for a while, but selling the house makes it feel final. And that, is very sad.




No comments: