Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Belated Mother's Day...

Ga-Ga, Christa and Maddie at the Mother's Day Tea- NFBC 2008
I know that I am really late (almost a week) in posting this blog of Mother's Day. No, it isn't because my Mother's Day was horrible.....I simply have been too busy this week.
My Mother's Day was celebrated with my two kids (Maddie and Sam), my husband (Wade), my parents (aka Ga-Ga and Granddaddy), and my younger taller brother (Nate). It was bitter sweet because this is probably the last Mother's Day we all spend together for quite sometime. Moving to the Artic North makes spending "minor" holidays together nearly impossible.
As I watched my kids playing with their Grandparents, it made me remember spending time with my Nanny as a child. Nanny lived just a field over from us. I could walk to her house anytime I wanted to. All I had to do was packed up my baby dolls in my backpack and off I went. It was always an adventure to walk to Nanny's. You had to cross the fence, avoid the roaming dogs, and occasional cow (if Mr. Ray had any at the time). But I loved going to my Nanny's. I had her undivided attention. We would cut paper dolls out of the Sears Catalog, sew clothes for my babies, play "Old Maid", or bake cookies.
It is hard to take the kids so far away from my parents and Wade's parents. I had always imagined my kids having the special relationship with their grandparents that I had with mine. Alas, it isn't to be. We go where God opens the doors for us.

1 comment:

Sharmaine said...

It really wasn't until I read this post that I realized just how difficult this must be! I obviously just didn't understand all of the ramifications of the move. You all seem to be handling this wonderfully!
-James 1:1-3