Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Catch Up

Dear Readers-

I am so sorry that I have, once again, fallen behind in my posting. I really meant to keep on top of the happenings in our lives....but alas, life got in the way once more. We have had a busy few weeks here, in the Artic North. To catch you up, I am going to start with the most recent and work my way backward. I hope you enjoy!!




New Friends, Familiar Places.....

On Thursday, Feb. 26th, we went to the Children's Museum in St. Paul. As you know from this blog, we frequent the museum...even in -20 degree weather. This time, however, we went with our lovely new friends Salli, Natalie and Jack. I must say, Salli has been a lifesaver for me. She is a recent transplant from the East Coast (Rochester, New York). Yeah for another East Coaster!! Her kids are close in age to my kids and of course they hit it off right away.
Maddie and Natalie at the Children's Museum. Maddie was so excited to find another girl that wore, "will-wee pretty bows" just like her.

All four of the kids, Maddie, Natalie, Sam and Jack.

The new exhibit at the museum is "Clifford". Here, Sam is driving the "ferry boat". He claimed it was just like Granddaddy's boat. However, I am certain it doesn't go as fast.


Maddie all prepared to ride on the ferry with Sam.



Ms. Salli and Maddie riding in the truck while Natalie was driving.





Maddie hanging out with Emily Elizabeth. That is Clifford in the background.




Jack and his choo-choo on Clifford's foot.






The girls in the truck.




Sam loves T-Bone. I think they suit each other.




Maddie, Sam and Natalie playing in the water with frogs. This was after I reassured Ms. Sallie that the frogs weren't real!




And of course, Sam found his favorite "ma-tar" to "juke" with. Look at that expression!



Sam and Maddie "juking" together.



Sorry it's blurry...but that is what happens when you catch "juking" in action.





Serious Sam on the "ma-tar".



Saying Good Bye to Old Friends.....
On Friday, Feb 27th, our friends Micah, Kim and their boys Collin and Shawn moved to Wisconsin. If you remember, I met Kim when I first moved here. She has been my saving grace through this whole transition time. Though we know it is for the best, we are going to miss them!!

To have one last "hurrah" with Kim and the boys we went to Toddler Tuesday at the Mall of America. This one was filled with Care Bear fun. The kids even got to meet Bedtime Bear. Our friend Cindy and her girls, Kayla and Lydia went as well.
After Toddler Tuesday, we went to Chuck E. Cheese. Kim had some great coupons and it wasn't crowded at all on a Tuesday morning. It was a great way to spend some last minute time with them before they left.




Kayla and Collin




Collin and Maddie in their PJs.


Cindy, Kayla, Lydia and Bedtime Bear.



Collin hugging Bedtime Bear.


Maddie and a not so excited Sam.



Listening to a story.


The four at Chuck E. Cheese.
Water Park of America
On Sunday, Feb 21st we were able to go to the Water Park of America. The church that we attend, Grace, rented it out for all the workers in the children's ministry. Since I teach in the AWANA program on Wednesday nights we were able to go. The kids had a great time. I had a hard time getting over the fact that I was walking into a water park wearing a winter parka. But we are so thankful we had the opportunity.

Sam in the water park.

Maddie wanted Daddy to go down the slide with her the first time.



Then, she was able to go down all by herself.



Sam kept fairly close to me and the shallow water.


Look at me with my Nemo swim trunks.


Sam playing in the water fountain.



Maddie wasn't too sure about the slide at first.



Then she found out how much fun it was.


























































No comments: