Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving in the South Means.....

Making Bows and Arrows- Thankfully not to hunt the turkey with!







Spending lots of time playing with cousins and seeing family......
















A traditional hike, with Aunt Polly (my kids Great Great Aunt) to Stone Mountain falls. For the record, Jackson got a free ride this year.....but next year he's on his own!











Spending hours upon hours in the pasture.



This visit, Maddie accomplished riding by herself. An adult stood in the arena with her, but she was in total control of Strawberry. I told Wade to watch out.....once it's in your blood the love of horses is with you forever. A highlight for me was riding Mandy (the other horse) in the arena while my daughter rode Strawberry, my first horse, all by herself.















Just wait, Jackson, this time next year....Mommy will have you on the back of a horse. Better practice now :)








Eating Thanksgiving meals with both the Harrell/Eldridge and Sheek/Mayhall family





































And counting our blessings that we were able to travel to be with our loved ones.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love the turkey shirts! I am glad you made it out of the cold for Thanksgiving. We got our first snow last Saturday.