Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dare we say it.....

Has spring really come?!?! Have we really survived a winter in Minnesota? Or is this just another tease? Another glimpse at warm weather, only to wake up to cold the next morning?

We are hoping and praying that spring has FINALLY come!!

Do you remember the first wear of shorts and short sleeves in the spring? Do you remember the first time each spring your legs would feel the freedom from pants?

I vividly remember the turning point of spring as noted by being able to wear shorts and short sleeves. I looked forward to that day from the day I had to put them up in preparation of winter.

Shorts and short sleeves meant long lazy summer days, playing outside till dark, adventures in the woods a plenty, sticky hot horse back rides, and reading books till my hearts content.

Shorts and short sleeves for my kids means the ability to run and play after being cooped up for 7 months. Ladies and gentlemen, 7 months is a LONG time to be stuck inside.

Here are some pictures from Maddie and Sam's first day of short and short sleeves freedom. I hope you enjoy the look of joy on their faces as much as we did!!








Should I obey or should I not? This is the question of every 3 year old. And for the record, he did obey and not go in the water.....this time.













Consignment shirts and shorts for two kids $6. Old shoes, free. The ability to "fly" in the spring....Priceless

No comments: