Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fresh Start

Hello....anyone out there?!?!?

If you are, you are super stars for sticking with me during LONG absence. Can I say, "sorry"? I was once told by a very intelligent lady that "sorry doesn't get it". But hopefully it will this time.

I haven't blogged in so long that I feel that I need to start again.

A clean slate. A fresh start.

Is that allowed in the blogging world? It is in my world. By the grace of God my sins are forgiven, when I repent, and I get to start fresh. A clean slate. And boy do I need that....often.

A clean slate. A fresh start.

So here it goes, my fresh blogging start.

My name is Christa. I am a slightly klutzy southern gal who finds herself living in the mid-west. Um, is that where I live? I guess it is more of the northern mid-west.

Is that an oxymoron? NORTHERN mid-WEST?

Anyhoo, I have 3 simply wonderful children who always greet each other with hugs and kisses.....What's that? You don't care 'bout my dream world? You want to know the nitty gritty of my REAL world......

Well in THAT case. I have 3 simply wonderful children. That love on each other as much as they try and kill each other. I'm okay with that as long as the lovin' and fightin' is bout 50/50. Just sayin' that is how it happens here.

I feel that God gave each of my children to a reason. My oldest, Maddie, was given to me to be my princess. She is a bow wearing, loving, southern belle. She is a 6 year old that has a spot of drama queen in her. She is a care taker, rule follower, and people pleaser. She loves to read, ride horses, and play with her brothers. According to a survery asked by her first grade teacher, she wants to be a missionary and her favorite night time activity is snuggling with her Mommy (can you just see my beaming face).

My middle child, Sam, was given to me to make me laugh. He is my prince. He is a wonderful 4 year old that I wouldn't change for the world....even if he goes to the beat of his own drum. Case in point, last year's Autumn painting from school. His was of a "funny wookin sha-ark". Why a "funny wookin' sha-ark" you ask (as did I), "Cause mama....sha-arks weve in oceans in fall time too". Can't argue that can you? I held my head high and was a proud mama when attending the "showing" of the 3 year old class Autumn paintings. There were a many a pumpkin and apple tree....but only 1 "funny wookin sha-ark" hanging on the wall!

My baby, Jackson, was given to me to always remind me of God's grace. He was born after a devastating miscarriage that rocked me to my core and shook (but not broke) my faith. He was given to me after he survived a placenta bleed and blood clots that required daily injections of blood thinners to keep us both going. He has kept us on our toes, requiring surgery at 3 weeks for a "non retracting" hernia, suffering from reflux and now battling eczema. Every time I look at his healthy glowing slobbery smiley face I know that God is in control and that His plan is bigger than me.

Now that you have a bit of history.....I can big blogging again......

2 comments:

Ellen and John said...

We're still here and enjoy reading your updates, whenever they may appear! Molly still includes Maddie in her prayers at night. Hope ya'll are well!

The Hamricks

Sharmaine said...

I absolutely LOVE this post!! I've told the "funny wookin sha-ark" story to so many people since I read this a couple of weeks ago!