Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Spring Review in Pictures

The weather is finally warm enough in the now thawed tundra to venture out to the parks again.
Jackson was able to make his first trip to Lake Riley......




Maddie's Kindergarten class put on several plays. She was the character "Stephanie" in the play Stephanie's Ponytail. I was so proud of her. She didn't miss a single line and just ate it up being in front of all those people.....totally unlike her mommy and daddy who would have had a heart attack.









Uncle Nate came to visit to meet Jackson. While he was here, he took Maddie to ballet so that he could watch what she was dancing to for her recital. He also was able to go to Sam's spring program.












Uncle Nate was also able to watch Maddie's TBall game. Yes, we go from ballet to TBall on Monday evenings. What can I say, I want her to be a well rounded little girl!














We had a bit of excitement when Uncle Nate was with us.....Wade had his 5th kidney stone. This was a doozier of one. Lasted from Monday till Friday and included 2 trips to the ER. Luckily he was better by Memorial Day and was able to go to the "beach" (I cringe to call it that as it is just a sand mud spot on a lake) with the kids. Maddie and Sam loved swimming in that frigid cold water that was solid ice just a month or so ago. Jackson, Wade, and I hung out in the shade and watched.
I am fighting to keep my kids as southern as possible....however I find them becoming more and more Minnesotan as time goes by. Not only do they love to swim in frigid water, but Maddie called a "Coke" a "Pop" the other day. I just about passed out....no daughter of mine will say "Pop" :)













No comments: