Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Jackson: The first two weeks

It's hard to believe that Jackson is now over 2 weeks old. No matter how I try and hold on to time, it is flying by. He has grown and changed so much just in 2 weeks. He lost down to 7lbs 5oz, but had gained it all back plus to 8lbs 9oz at his 2 week check up. He also grew a full inch in two weeks.

After we learned of the placenta bleed, I promised myself that IF we made it to the end of this pregnancy I would cherish each and every moment. I wouldn't stress over the house not being picked up, I wouldn't get upset over losing sleep. I find myself following through with this for the most part. However, there have a been a few teary eyed middle of the night feedings from this tired mama of 3.

I can't complain. Jackson is a GREAT baby. Of course after my little lady who screamed non stop for months and months on end and my spitty uppy refluxy boy....we are due a laid back baby. Jackson cries when he is getting his diaper changed or has a dirty diaper. He occasionally cries when he is hungry, but I have to wake him up to eat most of the time. He is starting to have longer and more alert wake times.

All of my children are precious to me, but Jackson will forever hold a special place....not only will he be my last and my baby.....but he is my fighter that stayed with me regardless of the placenta bleed and through the blood clots and the daily injections of blood thinners. He is also my baby that came after a loss. It makes having him all that much more special.

Maddie and Sam are adjusting really well. Sam has been in time out a few more times than normal, but other than that they are doing really well. They both love to kiss on Jackson and hold him. Maddie is a wonderful helper and will wipe spit up and put the paci back in for me. It is really neat to watch them come into their roles of older siblings. Maddie was so little (not quite 2) when Sam was born and really didn't understand. This time around she thinks that Jackson is the neatest Bitty Baby ever!

Here are some pictures from our last 2 weeks!!!
















1 comment:

SMS said...

Perfect, priceless, precious :) so so precious.