Friday, December 17, 2010

Maddie's Winter Dance Recital

I am so thankful that I have found a Christian based dance program for Maddie. She LOVES dance, but her mama is very selective about what kinds of dance and where she dances. In other words, I don't feel that my 6 year old should learn to shake her "groove" thing and wear suggestive clothing.

This year, Maddie is in ballet, tap, and jazz. It's one combined class. Her teach is wonderful, sweet, caring, and doesn't criticize the girls when they make a mistake. It has really boosted Maddie's self esteem.

They have a huge end of year recital with costumes and the whole 9 yards. But, the winter one is much more low key. It is really nice to get in and see what all she has learned without all the stress that a dance recital can bring.

So, now let me put a plug in for Prairie School of Dance. If you live in the frozen tundra, it is a great dance school!


























No comments: